Saturday, January 16, 2010

NAMM day 2

I spent most of the day rehearsing for Icons of Rock Jam, but I did get a little browsing in.

Jamlink is a little box that allows you jam with other musicians over the internet in real time. I jammed with someone in San Francisco while I was 400 miles away in Anaheim. There was a slight latency, but it wasn't enough to be disruptive. Supposedly, you can link up with relatively low latency up to 500 miles away. It was pretty cool, and opens up some interesting possibilities.

I played a funky Lakland bass with a short scale. It had a crazy retro look to it and played really well.

I saw an amazing presentation by Rudy Sarzo on how to make 3d videos in Sony Vegas. It's really easy to do and I plan on experimenting with it when I get home.

More to come tomorrow!
-Richie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richie.

    Thanks for stopping by the MusicianLink booth to demo the jamLink at NAMM last week.

    If you would like a more in-depth trial and have someone in mind you would like to jamLink with, let us know and we'll get you set up.

    You can contact me directly via email at: dwillyard@musicianlink.com

    Thanks again.

    -Dave

    ReplyDelete

Followers